‘If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant’ Anne Bradstreet
- Keep feeding the birds in the garden
- Top up bird baths with warm water
- Take hardwood cuttings
- Check all your tender plants are still well protected
- Plant Hyacinths and indoor daffodils for indoor scent
- Buy your Christmas tree, decorations, Christmas lights and Wreaths at the Secret Garden
Do not forget we are open from the 1st of December to the 23rd 9am – 7pm Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm Saturday and 10am – 5pm on Sunday. And we are open from 9am – 1pm on Christmas eve. Closed on Christmas day and Boxing day
We are Closed New years day but from the 2nd we are open from 9am – 5pm Monday to Saturday and 10am – 4pm on Sundays
- Repair and reshape the edges of your lawn
- Plan what you want to do in the garden this year
- Decide what seeds you want to grow
- Buy and plant your seeds. Especially your sweet peas and tomatoes
- Clear weeds from beds intended for seeds
- Prune apples and pears
- Protect peaches from peach leaf curl
- Clear dead leaves from the lawn and from around pots on the patio
- Dead head pansies and violas.
- Seed potatoes are available.
- Choose a flowering Hellebore.